After delivery, parents are given an Informational Sheet for Completion of Certification of Live Birth. The form is to be completed before leaving the hospital and given to the nursing staff in the OB Ward. Do not leave the hospital without turning in the informational sheet.
Single parents that would like to include the father’s name on the birth certificate must contact the medical records department. Both the mother and father need to present valid identification and complete a paternity form in the presence of Medical Records staff.
Hospital Birth Certificates are provided by GMHA Medical Records Department for a fee of $6.70.
Certified Birth Certificates are provided by Public Health, Vital Statistics in Mangilao.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING A DEATH CERTIFICATE:
If the deceased died at GMH, please provide necessary information to our Medical Records Department of GMH located near the Gift Shop on the first floor. They will prepare the necessary documents needed. The official Death Certificate will be issued by Vital Statistics Division at the Department of Public Health in Mangilao.
If the deceased died outside of GMH, information must be provided to the Medical Examiner’s Office located behind GMH past the Emergency Department. Their telephone number is 647-2369. The official Death Certificate will be issued by Vital Statistics Division at the Department of Public Health in Mangilao.
If there are other questions, please contact Ed Camacho at 647-2266.
ONLINE SCHEDULING / APPOINTMENT OPTIONS:
- Book an appointment with GMHA – Medical Records Vitals
- Book an appointment with GMHA – Medical Records correspondence
- GMHA Medical Records Disclosure Form – Authorization Disclosure Form (Required to be submitted prior to receiving official Documents from GMHA)
- GMHA Check list and procedures document – Checklist Document (Patients Checklist and step-by-step guide when requesting copies of Medical Records)
- Email GMHA Medical Records Vitals or Correspondence section for additional inquires or assistance.
- If you prefer to contact us by phone – (671) 647-2136 or (671) 648-6720.
Online bookings Disclaimer:
GMHA Patient Affairs Department is available for online bookings and virtual Zoom meetings between the hours of 8:30am to 16:30pm, Monday to Friday and will not be available on Holidays and Weekends. Additionally, customer must ensure they arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment, we reserve the right to cancel and/or reschedule the appointment.
FEE DETAILS AND BREAKDOWN FOR OFFICIAL COPIES:
- GMHA Certificate of Birth – $6.70
- GMHA Certificate of Death – $3.35
- GMHA Medical Record Copy ( <= 10 Pages) – $25.36
- GMHA Medical Record Copy ( > 10 Pages) – $2.48 per page
Start online payment transaction to get your Hospital Certificate of Birth, Death, or Medical Records Copies.